The 2018 NSBE Aerospace Systems Conference is pleased to recognize exceptional African American Aerospace Professionals! This category of awards complements our Technical Paper Awards and the Celestial Torch Awards, increasing opportunities for employee recognition, targeting entry level to mid-career employees.
Just a little more than a century old, the aerospace industry has changed society in ways unimaginable before the Wright brothers’ first flight. But the future is by no means static. Much like an aircraft in flight, the aerospace industry must continue to balance competing forces in order to excel in the limitless opportunities of the future. The 2018 NSBE Aerospace Systems Conference will recognize emerging aerospace subject matter experts. These 21st Century Trailblazers in Aerospace are men and women gifted with technical competence, innovation, and leadership, who hold high promise to position our companies and agencies to compete and excel in the global marketplace. We will recognize these trailblazers within the expertise domains represented by our technical tracks.
Award applicants do not need to have authored papers for consideration, but must have professional duties and demonstrated work accomplishments within the scope of one or more conference tracks. Applicants with experience encompassing multiple tracks may be considered in all relevant tracks. At the judges’ discretion, nominees may be considered in additional tracks beyond those in which they were nominated.
Up to five Awards will be given within each conference track:
- 21st Century Trailblazers in Aerodynamics, Research and Experimental Aircraft
- 21st Century Trailblazers in Commercial and General Aviation
- 21st Century Trailblazers in Military Aircraft and Aviation
- 21st Century Trailblazers in Human Spaceflight
- 21st Century Trailblazers in Unmanned Space and Launch Vehicles
- 21st Century Trailblazers in Space Science
- 21st Century Trailblazers in Space Research of NSBE
- 21st Century Trailblazers in Software, Avionics, and Robotics
- 21st Century Trailblazers in Simulation, Testing, and Ground Systems
- 21st Century Trailblazers in Systems Engineering
Self-nominations are welcome, but individuals may alternately be nominated by co-workers or employers. Completed application must be submitted online. Submissions are due by midnight Eastern Time, July 15, 2018. Paper submissions will not be accepted. Applicants must have a completed conference Registration in order to be eligible for selection.